Play-Doh Perfect Twist Ice Cream Playset- Play Doh

 
BUY IT NOW 


July 29, 2013
ByT. Bux (Barnesville, PA United States) -

This toy has a lot going for it. It's durable, well constructed and has anything you need to build fun and interesting colorful Play Doh creations.

The machine is easy to assemble. I has a press to extrude soft serve ice cream as well as a tuner that makes sprinkles. It comes with several cones, neatly served out in a handy cone dispenser, as well as a dispenser for the included ice cream cups. It also comes with a few spoons. All are stored nicely attached to the unit.

All over the machine are presses to make cookies, donuts, and other sweet treats as well.

It does come with several sample sizes of play-doh, including the New Play Doh Plus. It is softer and easier to extrude. Though not impossible to use older play doh in making ice cream, the play doh plus does work much better and is easier for small arms to work the machine.

Clean up is pretty simple as far as play doh goes. My son loved our rainy day game of playing Ice Cream Shoppe.

November 20, 2013
By Cherise Kachelmuss "Mom and More" (IL) -

The Play-Doh Perfect Twist Ice Cream comes with everything you need to create tons of fun ice cream treats, my favorite of course. For just about $20, you get the whole ice cream playset, five containers of Play-Doh, and lots of ice cream essentials. Whether you want to make a ice cream cone or sundae, both containers are available. I love the sprinkle making machine the best and the little cone dispenser! It is super simple to use, just fill this little mold and pop it in the machine then push down to dispense the "ice cream." As if all that is not enough, the whole machine is covered in little molds where you can make little Play-Doh candies or treats to top off your ice cream. There are so many molds I didn't even bother to count them all! This is also the first time I used Play-Doh Plus. There is less Play-Doh in the Plus containers but it is pretty realistic looking, which is perfect for creating food creations. I also noticed there was no Play-Doh smell, so if the smell bothered you then I'd suggest checking out Play-Doh Plus. As far as clean up goes, the set is pretty easy to clean. The only piece I had problem cleaning is the sprinkle machine but I just rinsed it with water and that worked perfectly. No batteries required either! Overall, for the price of around $20, I recommend this set for any child, it is seriously adorable!

July 27, 2013
Ana Braga-Henebry (Rural South Dakota)

We are not grandparents yet, but we have friends with younger children and godchildren who visit periodically. I like to have a new Play-Doh set in hand for the kids to enjoy, and my 12 years old daughter joins in as well! The Play-Doh Perfect Twist Ice Cream Playset encourages role, imaginative playing as well, as the kids use the two cans for ice cream and three more for various toppings! I am consistently pleased with the quality of Play-Doh and I stick with it!

July 15, 2013
Joel L. Watts "Joel Watts" (Charleston, WV)

I always wanted something like when I was a kid. I was lucky to get play-doh, the real stuff, but was usually stuck with flour and food coloring.

However, this toy is pretty darn awesome. It comes with five different colors -- all brightly colored to mimic what ice cream I guess looks like when you get it from an ice cream parlor.

It is highly durable. My 3 year old and 9 year old have wrestled with it for a few weeks now and it hasn't broke. The pieces aren't even loose.

It was easy to assemble, with much of it already assembled.

It is easy to operate with no learning curve or instructions needed. Maybe my 3 year old is exceptional, and what parent doesn't like to think that way, but she doesn't really need oversight on this. It is a great toy, with not a lot of small parts, or tough maneuvers to figure out.

As far as clean-up, my wife usually mutters "I hate play-doh" about once a day, but that is play-doh and it is also a sign of how often my children play with the toy.

July 14, 2013
ByJeffrey J.Park (Massachusetts, USA) -

This "ice cream maker" keeps our kids (ages 5 and 6.5) entertained for hours - they absolutely love it! The appeal lies in the varieties of ice cream that can be made and the types of "toppings" that they can come up with. You are, of course, limited by the types of colored Play-Doh you have at your disposal, so the sky is not the limit.

We have found that clean-up is not any tougher than other toys that use Play-Doh. Although dried Play-Doh turns up in some of the cracks and crevices, I will usually just give the affected piece a good rinse with water - that usually takes care of it. Our kids love to mix the "toppings" in with the "ice cream". Because of this, the original colors usually do not last too long so we are constantly buying new Play-Doh.